Sunday 18 April 2010

Week 7 - The Tudors - Bee Brady & the melody censor

left: bee brady
right: the melody censor

Bee Brady: I am constantly in awe of how much thought and work Susan (the melody censor) puts into her self-portraits, and as you can see, there is no exception here, amazing !

My shot is a tudor manor house not far from where I live, taken on a country bike ride yesterday.

tmc: I adore Brady's photo of a Tudor era manor house. I can only imagine what living in a country with such a rich, and long history is like, and have to admit that I am completely jealous, not only of the architecture, but the influence of such a rich history on the culture.

My image is one that I have been planning for some time as part of my "In the style of..." series. This is in the style of Hans Holbein the Younger who was painter to King Henry VIII.


1 comment:

  1. Wow wow and wow

    It looks like the castle and the princess of the Tudor's

    wonderful ladies <3

    ReplyDelete