Sunday 28 March 2010

Week 4 - Quizz and Bee Brady - Letters

Left : Bee Brady
Right: Quizz

Bee Brady: At first I toyed with both meanings of the word 'Letters' thinking of ideas of stringing the alphabet through the woods. But in the end this very personal interpretation is the one I settled on. These are some of the many many letters I wrote home to my boyfriend last summer from France, where I was working for 6 months as part of a project to identify soldiers buried in a mass grave from WWI. Letters became a very important thing to me as I read many from soldiers of the first world war, written home to their loved ones, as I too, wrote home to my loved ones. I love how Quizz's photo also fits a very similar interpretaton, without us planning anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment