Friday 26 March 2010

Week 4 - Bold - Rowandevoe and Geekgirly


Left: Geekgirly
Right: Rowandevoe

"oh it would be so scary, but so BOLD to show this struggle visually-Dark/Sad/Medications over and over again/Alone/Misunderstood/and Get up and start it all over again." BOLD to Merle is about facing depression even though there is a risk of losing friends/family/loved ones and relationships in the process. Although not necessarily my experience, I tend to agree that when people hear the term "mental illness" they run screaming in the other direction. Mental illness, especially depression, does not make the sufferer a monster as some people might think. It is also not something that can be cured over night, it takes time AND the love and support of friends and family.


1 comment:

  1. Sarah! You did an amazing job with this-all of this! I love what you wrote from my email and how you paired the photos and dared me to use the first batch! Thank you so much and I am so glad we got to this one together!
    mwah!
    xo,
    merle

    ReplyDelete