Saturday, 2 April 2011

Week 17 - Reflect - the Tiger Moth and Bronwen Hyde


This week I jumped back into the fray with recent recruit, the Tiger Moth.

Things have been hectic for me lately, with a move halfway across the world, but I was keen to get back into things with the project.

Bee Brady gave tTM and myself the theme 'Reflect', which you would think would be a dead easy theme to work with, but both tTM and myself found ourselves at a bit of a loose end. There were some ideas thrown around, but various constraints worked against those.

In the end, with the forest at her disposal, tTM took a mirror out and produced her wonderful self-portrait above. I love the tones, composition, feel of the image.

I wanted to work more with the 'contemplate' side of the word reflect, whilst still including an image of a reflection. Initially I was concerned that none of the images I was thinking of using would fit with tTM's detailed image, but when I tried this one, taken at the Redland Bay Cemetery in Brisbane, the tones and composition actually seemed to work with her image, for me. I'm still not sure I can explain why!

2 comments:

  1. just found your blog! and think your project is such a nice idea. there are some great images being put together here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are pleased to announce the launch of The Angeles City Pages. After months of hard work we present to you the most comprehensive online business directory for Angeles City. The Angeles City Pages is here to provide a one stop shop for tourists, expats and locals.

    ReplyDelete