Monday 2 August 2010

Week 13 - Superstition - Bronwen Hyde & the melody censor


Top: Bronwen Hyde
Bottom: the melody censor

tmc: I'm not a strong believer in supersttitions for the most part, so this was a fun exercise for me.

I like the relationship of the light coming through the fence in Bronwen's image and the reflecton of light in the crack of the mirror in mine, and how the focal point of each image is on oposite sides, yet balanced.

I have had the idea of doing a broken mirror shot on my list for some time now, and knew that was the concept I was going to go with from the begining. The trick was to find a mirror I didn't mind breaking. The mirrior wound up being a bit more broken than I originally planned, as I couldn't hit it hard enought on my own to break it, and asked Joel...who smashed it full strength sending glass shards all over the living room table, but it all turned out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment