Monday, 9 August 2010

Week 13 - Transportation - Leilani Winslade & M.Fayre


Top: M.Fayre
Bottom: Leilani Winslade (*Lani)

M: Lani and I were both busy with life this week so this diptych kept getting postponed, but I think the wait was well worth it! (Thank you Lani for your patience.) Lani's images are always immaculately staged and beautifully captured - every scene is a story in itself, like a combination of fashion and cinema. I love her work! As soon as I saw our theme with week I had the idea to use shoes/feet for "transportation" and wanted a scene that had naturally minimal color since I figured Lani would shoot b&w. In the end I chose to convert my color image to b&w (getting back to my roots) because I love how the two images work together graphically.

No comments:

Post a Comment